Wednesday, July 18, 2012

 i love doing custom work. especially when a client brings in a sleigh bed identical to one i have in my own home. and even better that my sleigh bed has been put on the "back burner" of an update simply because i haven't exchanged an "i-do" with any certain color. i would like to say i have no fear in painting something of my own, not loving it, and painting it again. no big deal. but with wonderful clients coming in (and often) with fun requests for me.... i tend to drag the "decision" on a certain color out a little longer than i normally would with my sleigh bed. 

these fabulous bedside tables along with melanies sleigh bed were painted in annie sloan pure white, waxed with annie sloan dark wax. she loved the results. and so did i. i originally said i wanted my sleigh bed done in a COLOR. and by color i mean something with a punch of bright and cheery and..... funky? but oh, the simplicity of the particular sleigh bed refinished and lightly distressed in pure white had me reconsidering the original thought on going bright with simple linens. now i am onto the new and thinking a good old face lift in the trusty pure white just might be the winner. so, thanks melanie for allowing me to help in the "new look" of your bedroom as it gave me a true trial run on what my sleigh bed would look like in one color. :) and sorry guys, i left the boyfriend in charge of helping load the bed and due to it being on a rainy day there were zero pictures taken of the bed. i will be on mel's case to send me some though don't you worry.

so until then.... you will just have to admire the matching end tables.

xoxo,
m

No comments:

Post a Comment